Forums

Seed identification France

Seed ID Forum Seed ID Forum Seed Morphology and Identification Seed identification France

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ID00001802fde1e704db4880eb150437c7ed58c5d7795d1aa 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hello everybody! I need some help, please! I discover this unknown seed, can you help me to identify it?
    Thank you very much!
    Silvia

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

I found in the raw sample (before sorting) some seeds of Persicaria lapathifolia, which someone are deformed. Maybe my unknown seed it’s a Persicaria lapathifolia? What do you think about it?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hello Silvia,

I also think it is a deformed Persicaria lapathifolia achene. It has a similar colour and surface texture as the species, and you found other deformed achenes in the sample. I wonder if the deformed seed has the 2 stigmas at the top? That might be an additional confirmation.

I think your image of the collected achenes is excellent, and would be a good example for other seed analysts. Do you have a larger version available?

Best, Jennifer

Hello Jennifer,
    yes, the deformed seed has stigmas at the top, thank you. I am in the process of expanding my photographic collection of atypical seeds or without testa or with their fruit. in this moment I don’t have many shots but I will be happy to share this information with other analysts. Do you want to share it on this site, maybe in the forum “seed anatomy” or in others ways?

Best regards,
    Silvia

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.