Building Virtual Reference for Seed Identification
Webinar July 13, 2021
Objectives: To introduce the basic requirement and skills to make seed images as virtual reference for seed identification. The knowledge can also apply to making seed images for peer consultation or building a laboratory internal image library.
Presenters: Dr. Ruojing Wang (CFIA), Madeline Maher (USDA APHIS), Lindsey Seastone (USDA APHIS)
- Selecting specimens and planning for imaging (i.e., specimen preparation); overview of the seed-imaging process and guidelines for getting started.
- Specific examples of seed/fruit imaging on a toxic-seed-ID tool, including how to select which images to take of a given specimen.
- Imaging techniques and troubleshooting various common imaging issues.
PDF of the presentations:
- Specimen Selection & Image Plan
- Examples of Fruit & Seed Imaging for a Toxic Seed Identification Tool
- Considerations for Fruit and Seed imaging